Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any one have any advice for studying online?

I'm beginning my Distance Education University course in a few days - I'm excited but also nervous. Has anyone who has studied online got any words of wisdom or advice for me?





I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts through Charles Sturt Uni (Australia), majoring in English, History and Law and will follow up with a DIP ED to become a secondary school teacher.





Thanks!Any one have any advice for studying online?
Congrats!! I am doing the same thing - my suggestion try to give yourself a quiet office to work in. Some place where you can't be easily disturbed.





Try to get as much as you can get done early, as things always seem to pop up in life and you defiantly don't want to get overwhelmed or fall behind (which is easy to do).





Best of luck!Any one have any advice for studying online?
Depending on how you are receiving your lectures (pod cast, or phone conference) make time on those days just for study. I have found that even though I have to physically go to the Uni campus for my lectures and tutes I can become complacent and slack. I was still going to my lectures right up until I had my baby and three days after having him I was back at Uni for a lecture, lol. If I didn't I would have got out of the routine I had set myself. Work something out that fits in with your life and child/ren. And the poster above me said to get things done early because something always comes up. I totally agree. I had a baby, my middle child had surgery 10 days later and my partner had surgery a month after that and I have an older child again who needed her mum in there too. Just take it as it comes, but try to be a little bit prepared, it will be just like raising a child. You will get sorted and something will come along to make you have to alter an important date or time, lol.





Good luck.
I am in distance learning myself. Try not to fall behind! Spend time every day on each course to make sure you don't fall behind! Make sure there is nothing to distract you when you are working and make sure you study!





Hope that helps! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment