Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm 14 and want to be a heart surgeon. Can anyone give me some good learning websites and any advice?

Any good websites to help me learn more about what i need to know and any advice to help me kickstart my medical career would be so great! i know i'm only young but why not start learning now? my school is rural australian and hopeless! We don't learn anything so i'm learning myself.





thanks guys!I'm 14 and want to be a heart surgeon. Can anyone give me some good learning websites and any advice?
Be patient. If you want to be a surgeon you need straight A's in school starting NOW. Take every course offered to prepare for College. Be well rounded. That means join several clubs or go out for a sport. Big Colleges want well rounded students, not just geeks. Try Boy Scouts. In a few years you will be able to take part in their Ranger Scout program (used to be called Explores) and there may be a group that explores careers in the medical fields. At 17 get an EMT class. This is a good introduction to medicine. At 18 you can take a Paramedic course and learn ACLF. But even now you can take a CPR course (most Scout groups do). Become a CPR instructor. Call The American Heart Association for information on CPR courses. In case you don't already know, BLS is Basic Life Support, CPR is Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, go for an A card. Used to be called ';mouth to mouth resuscitation';.


You can also try the Local Hospitol. They may have a voluteer program. In the US it's volunteers are called Candy Stripers. After the striped uniform they wear. At 14 there is not a lot you can do, but yes you can always start learning now. Get a good grip on Biology and Anatomoy.I'm 14 and want to be a heart surgeon. Can anyone give me some good learning websites and any advice?
How about sitting in the galley during an actual heart surgery at the local hospital.





Some hospitals have them, some don't.





Go into the phone book and look up cardiologist.





Offer to take one to lunch, these people have to eat, AND they can give you the inside scoop about exactly what you are getting yourself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment