Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do you find it annoying when Y!A gives all this unsolicited advice on spelling and punctuation?

When you try to post a question or answer, I mean. I *know* when I have a lot of punctuation, for example, and I usually have a reason for it. And just because a word doesn't exist in the spellchecker's tiny l'il brain doesn't mean it's a misspelling.Do you find it annoying when Y!A gives all this unsolicited advice on spelling and punctuation?
I just ignore the box entirely. I rarely make spelling errors so that doesn't bother me. Even on the occasions that I use ';a lot'; of punctuation, I simply don't pay attention to the box. I don't even bother to X out of it because it's silly.





I also disagree that the spelling checker has a ';tiny l'il brain'; just because it doesn't recognize a word you typed. When the proofer doesn't understand everything you enter, it is not a sign that the service is inadequate or worth writing off entirely.





I implore you to keep a more open mind and not judge so quickly.Do you find it annoying when Y!A gives all this unsolicited advice on spelling and punctuation?
From the way alot of posters send out a question, I wish more would use the spell-check. There are quite a bit of questions that look like they are written in code! Anyway..I need spell-check..very bad at spelling mot of the time. But you are correct, sometimes it doesn't KNOW the word..I just ignore it. And I do use a lot of punctuation for effect. I just ignore that too!


So, in effect, i use what I need and ignore the rest!
Yeah, that's kind of annoying. the spell checker is really dumb. alot of words doesn't exist on the spell check thing.


like when you type ';alot'; the spell check makes a suggestion that the word is ';alto'; or something like that o_o
Not as much as getting emails saying that you've violated something with a question that you answered. That irks me because it's people on here who post/ask racist comments and they still stay up here, but I call them stupid or something and I get an email? WTF!?!
The punctuation and the Did you leave your caps lock on? ones do annoy me, but I find the spelling a great help most of the time.
Eye dew knot sea caws four all arm





Now, the nutty thing about this is that I never got a spelling error notice.
So irritating! IT HATES CAPS TOO
why are you letting it get to you? it's just yahoo answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment