Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing to prepare for applying/ attending medical school?

I am at least two years away from graduating with my undergrad degree in biomedical. But no one in my family has taken this route and I am not sure if there is something I should be doing like studying for the MCAT. Information like what to study for MCATs or anything related would be helpful. It's all kind of overwhelming for a small town girl like me.Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing to prepare for applying/ attending medical school?
Go to this site http://people.howstuffworks.com/becoming鈥?/a> for one of the best overviews of the process of becoming a physician.





You can't study too much for the MCAT. Kaplan offers an excellent review. You can also get free sample tests online. Even the Association of American Medical Colleges offers free sample tests: http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/practi鈥?/a>





You should plan on taking the MCAT in the fall of your Junior year so that your scores are available to be sent to the medical schools you start applying to in the spring of your senior year.Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing to prepare for applying/ attending medical school?
Are you working on any advanced (post graduate) Biology projects as an assistant.





It might also help to have letters of recomendation.
  • chapped lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment