Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am very shy and need advice for ways to change?

This problem has begun to affect my social life i am a high school student 17 years old male and have had this problem all my life but it has recently gotten worse i have difficulty talking even with my closest friends. School is a bigger problem i do my best to keep a calm face as if there is no problem but every day i feel more and more alone i hang around no one. I have been in dating relationships before but now it has become impossible for me to even Communicate with someone. need help.I am very shy and need advice for ways to change?
A good way to make yourself not shy is by trying to hang out with your friends more often that way you can have more stimulating conversations with them. You could talk to a good friend that you trust, who won't blab about your problems to other friends. You can try taking self-defense lessons because my younger brother has this problem as well, and after he took Karate lessons he's becoming more confident and active (as well as more annoying to me) but don't mind my problems. ^.^ You may just have a low self esteem, so you may want to talk to a guidance counselor and your parent(s) or guardian(s). If you feel your situation is worsening it is best to get a therapist. I am very shy and need advice for ways to change?
as a freshman that has 4 yrs. to experience high school in a new area where i dont know anyone, i can somehow relate.


-you dont need to talk a whole lot to become social. small talking is good, too. no matter how small the talk, its all good, as long as you keep talking.


-be open a bit more online. say hi to a friend when im-ing them. YOU be the one to start the conversation. chances are, youll have a great discussion and that person will approach you the next day.


-be optimistic and confident about yourself. when people look at you and see that, youll seem more approachable.


I HOPE I HELPED, AND YOU HAVE A FUN SENIOR YEAR! (if/when your a senior!)
It sounds like you need someone close to you to talk to. Can you talk to one of your parents or other relatives? Or to a counselor, maybe at school?





As far as I know there is no easy cure for shyness, but for most people it gets easier as they get older. You have to try to be more outgoing, take risks, build on your successes. It would help to have someone who knows you who you can talk to. The more you cut yourself off from people, the worse it will be. Perhaps there is one friend you can try to communicate with more, or an interest you could follow and meet other people who like doing the same things.





The teen years are often a difficult time for being shy and self conscious.





Here is an article that may help:


http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/emo鈥?/a>


http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/pro鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment