Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am thinking of getting a Mini Shorthaired Dachshund. Can anyone give me some advice as to their personality?

Also their good points and bad points.





I have never owned a dog before but am aware of the committment involved in pet ownership.I am thinking of getting a Mini Shorthaired Dachshund. Can anyone give me some advice as to their personality?
Dachshunds are great little dogs, I have three of them. They love to burrow in the covers on the bed and are good at jumping up on the furniture. They can be demanding, as they are definite ';Lap Dogs';. You are not suppose to let them jump cause they have a tendency to have back problems, but try to keep them from jumping into your lap.....They will ';sit Pretty'; to beg for food. Our spoiled rotten ';baby'; ended up having $3000 worth of surgery on her back for a ruptured disc, and her being over weight did not help it any. Yet out other two have had no problem....They are also diggers...that is what they were bred to do...but if you get one, they will shower you with love and companionship.I am thinking of getting a Mini Shorthaired Dachshund. Can anyone give me some advice as to their personality?
Dachshunds are a very clownish breed and can be very mischievous at times. A very intuitive dog, the Dachshund is now most commonly seen as a companion rather than a hunter. This breed loves to be around people and should never exhibit signs of aggression or timidity. The Dachshund is an all around friendly dog, is very outgoing, and is sure to steal the hearts of everyone he meets.


Temperament: The Dachshund is a fun loving dog, tenacious, and lively, but can become jealous and. This breed does very well with smaller children, and can do even better with older and more considerate children. Due to their small size and tiny legs, this breed should not be placed in a home with larger dogs unless they were raised around each other.They love toys and are very playful at times.





Hope this helps.
They are great dogs! My neighbor has one, and they have a lot of energy and love attention. Very affectionate and loyal.
I have two ';hot dogs'; and one is active 24/7. If she could play fetch every second of the day she would. And my other one is a little overweight and a cuddler. I think they are great dogs but they need love and attention. I do know some that are aggressive but its the owners fault for keeping them in the house without other dog interaction but my dogs get along fine with other dogs. Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment