Monday, August 23, 2010

Can you give a beginner advice on hitting his irons and driver?

I recently ended my baseball career and decided to take up a lifetime sport, golf. I have played one round of 18 holes and practiced at local fields hitting my irons. My friends commented on my short game when we played because I can hit the wedge, 9, and 8 straight and accurate.





However, when I hit the 3 and 4 irons and driver my ball goes to the right. (I'm a righty). I also have a problem with hitting the top of the ball and hitting it right into the ground. I have taken practice swings and stopped at impact and my club is facing the way it would if I were trying to hit it to the right. How can I correct this? Like I said wedge, 8, and 9 I do not have this problem.Can you give a beginner advice on hitting his irons and driver?
first off get rid of that 3 and 4 iron, only really good players can hit those consistently well





secondly, the driver goes to the right because your opening the club face at impact





try these tips to reduce that





take your left hand on and roll it over until you can see the top three knuckles on your left hand





if you are hitting the top of the ball, move it a little bit back in your stance, and remember to keep your head down





make sure the hips finish the swing, and not the arms. if your arms come through without hips, the ball will slice everytime. let your hips lead your arms through





i play twice a week, and never use my 3 or 4 iron except for knock-down punch shots





use a 5 wood and 5 iron to replace those. either that orget like a 3-hybrid. that'll help you out alotCan you give a beginner advice on hitting his irons and driver?
Go to my dad's place The Richland Golf Center in Huntsville Alabama. My dad is a PGA Golf Pro.
work on your tempo. You are hiting you 8 %26amp; 9 irons well, probaqbly because you are not trying to kill the ball. just think about tempo, slow and smooth. all that other stuff you worry about on the sdriving range. Slow your swing down and work on your balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment