Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have need advice concerning my english springer spaniel?

I have a 2 year old male english springer spaniel, and his ears are so bad they smell like it is yeast, i put the yeast medicine in his ears like the vet said, but it seems not to help, can anyone tell me of anything i can use to help my poor dog? :(I have need advice concerning my english springer spaniel?
If you and your vet are absolutely certain that the infection is a yeast infection, then the best thing for your dog would be to clean the ears twice a day with a white vinegar solution...Simply mix white vinegar half and half with rubbing alcohol....Clean the ears twice a day with this solution...This will kill the yeast as well as any resulting infection...


Please continue to use the meds from your vet at least every other day...Within two weeks of diligence, your dogs will be yeast free... :-)


After the infection is gone, please continue cleaning your dogs ears with the vinegar/alcohol solution about once a week and the infection will never come back....GOOD LUCK !!!I have need advice concerning my english springer spaniel?
I have an English Springer Spaniel too.


I don't think your dog is suffering from yeast.


How often does he take a bath? Where does he take a bath? How do you give him a bath?


My dog takes a bath every Saturday in my brother's bathtub, and my dad uses medicated dog shampoo %26amp; conditioner.


Sometimes if my dog is scratching his ears, we check if it's reddish inside, then we use dog-ear cleaner with cotton buds. Ask your vet more about the ear-cleaning solution. They should be selling them at a pet store, along with cotton buds.
I have a ESS and my friend had a Cocker Spaniel. Every so often we take a soft hair scrunchie and pull the ears up to let them ';breath';. This seems to help with keeping problems at bay. Don't put the scrunchie on tight, you only want to air out the ears not give him a face lift. Cleaning the ears often helps too. Hope this helps.
This could be a food allergy. See if there is Brewer's Yeast in your dog food. Many people find that by upgrading their dog food, that problems lessen or disappear.


I have a dog with cronic ear problems.


I have now found that treating her ears with Colloidal Silver gets rid of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment