Saturday, August 21, 2010

I filed a Legal Malpractice, because I could not get an attorney in Fresno, CA. How can I get advice?

I was told by 3 attorneys that I should file a Malpractice against an attorney, but none would handle it. I tried Attorney Referrals, and Prepaid Legal Services, but their closest one is over 300 miles away. Apparently he has no malpractice insurance, and has put all his assets in his spouse's name, so there is no money in it for them.


Does anyone know where I can get information to help me handle my own case. I'm willing to pay.


I would appreciate any advice.I filed a Legal Malpractice, because I could not get an attorney in Fresno, CA. How can I get advice?
I would first file a complaint with the California Bar. If your complaint has any grounds, the Bar will take disciplinary action against this attorney, and may even order him to make restitution to you, depending on the facts of the case.





While a complaint may not help you monetarily, it will eventually help you should you decide to file a lawsuit.I filed a Legal Malpractice, because I could not get an attorney in Fresno, CA. How can I get advice?
That sucks. Contact the CA State Bar. Both for a complaint (you filed a compliant, right?), and for a referral.





1-800-843-9053





(If it's bad enough, the Bar can recover damages on your behalf.)
((This is not legal advice))


If he has no money you can get out of him, I would think filing a malpractice suit wouldn't get you far. Every state has a ethics board for all licensed attorneys though. You can always contact them and file a complaint. The board will investigate, and if they find wrongdoing, can punish the person and even possible disbar them.


You can do a google search for your state bar website and should be able to find the information about where to make a complaint there.
You need to file a complaint with the State Bar of California, and they'll investigate everything thoroughly. I'll provide a link with all the information.
3 attorney did not tell u you should file they dont say things like that when they reject your case. how much money is it worth. you may be able to sue him anyway if he transfered the money after the cause of action arose. sorry buddy ur case might have holes that is why an attorney didnt take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment