Monday, August 23, 2010

Does any dancer have advice on how to perfect a double turn.?

I'm about to try out for the dance team really soon. I think I have progressed a lot with my confidence and dancing ability. The only thing holding my back is I can't do a double turn on command. It happens sometimes but its not a guarantee. I'm also left handed and I'm assuming that plays a part in why I can't turn that well to the right. Help please, it would be much appreciated!Does any dancer have advice on how to perfect a double turn.?
hold your center


get your knee back


spot


get your passe`( i think thats how you spell it) higher


make sure your arms are firm and round





I hope this helpsDoes any dancer have advice on how to perfect a double turn.?
-when your preparing for the turn plie a lot because that will help tremendously





-and when you start turning push your toes into the ground because that will really help with balance and let you better!





-also, keep practicing singles until you feel really comfortable and then just push yourself a little further like do 1 1/4 for a while, then 1 1/2 and progress on so that you feel really comfortable





GOOD LUCK!! =]
surprising as it seems, whether or not you're right or left handed has nothing to do with your turn. i am right handed but better at turning on my left foot. weird huh?


anyway here's some tips on doing doubles:


-spot! spot! spot!


-after your prep, make sure you go straight up, right away. if you take time getting to your tallest point, you will lose your balance


-turn on the ball of your foot by your big toe. turning with your weight by your pinky toe will also make you fall


-make sure you have good ballet posture....shoulders down and back, butt tucked under, your body should be in a straight line, and stand tall, like someone is pulling you up by a string on your head.


good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment