Monday, August 23, 2010

Can anyone offer some motivational advice, I've just stopped smoking ?

I know the power of the mind has a lot to do with it, so any kind of mind power techniques that you think I may find useful would be great.


Thank you.Can anyone offer some motivational advice, I've just stopped smoking ?
Good on you! I quit smoking 8 months ago now and I feel fantastic, I have so much more energy!





Just keep telling yourself that smoking is disgusting, imagine the smel of it and the acrid taste and talk yourself into thinking it is the absolute most disgusting thing ever. (pretty much hypnotising yourself while you are awake) Look at others smoking and the cigarette in their hand and really make yourself feel sick about it. Just keep thinking about the burning cancer stick smelling up your hand and turning your teeth yellow and wrinkling your skin. Imagine yourself in 20 years all wrinkly with yellow teeth, eyes and a hacking cough.





It really does get easier. I also ate pretzels when I first quit, the long thin ones. I had a packet at work and in the car. It also helps to not be drunk or around others who smoke for a while. Its hard but damn it its worth it! I can run around lake burly griffin in canberra now, I couldn't even walk to the shops without being out of breath before! Stick to it. If you aren't already feeling better you will very soon! Look at the link below for some inspiration :) Go for it! edited to add, start going for walks in the fresh air or do sit ups whenever you feel like a smoke. It will do wonders for your fitness and you really do forget about the smoke.Can anyone offer some motivational advice, I've just stopped smoking ?
Don't give up! Even if you feel the pang it passes quicker each time trust me its so worth it :)

Report Abuse



It might sound weird bu try putting a soothing CD on and meditate, it really relaxes you and stops you thinking about things, it also helps to control your mind so you can block out cravings
You may or may not feel withdrawal symptoms. Please consult a doctor (Respiratory medicine) to overcome it.
Put the money you would have paid for your cigarettes into a jar, and watch the amount grow. After a few weeks go %26amp; treat yourself.





Good luck
chew lots of gum, eat!! but dont over-eat.. just keep thinking how better food tastes and how much healthier you feel. thats what helped me!

No comments:

Post a Comment