Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am fearful to have another baby because our 3 yr old was a 3 months premature. Any one relate or advice?

I am 27 and would love to have a healthy pregnancy . My first was normal and there was nothing wrong. I just had him early. The first 6 months of his life were challenging.. Are there ways to relax more or things to do to prevent this from happening again?I am fearful to have another baby because our 3 yr old was a 3 months premature. Any one relate or advice?
Unfortunately most of the time there is no reason for a baby to come early .I myself had a 22 wk neonatal death then went on to have a full term pregnancy then had 4 miscarriages then a bubs at 26wks.While my two who are alive are perfectly healthy I have been scared this time around(I'm15wks3days). For most people that have had a premie baby they go on to have completely normal pregnancies next time round. I guess the only thing you can do is speak to your ob %26amp; see if they think you are high risk for another premie baby %26amp; weigh up your options from there.We were told I would be lucky to make it past 8wks. But I have proved them wrong, I am 100% determined to have this baby no matter what they think.Now they're saying they cant see any reason for me not to carry to full term. So I guess you have to decide if it's worth the heart ache of possibly having another premie. Good luck I hope all goes the way you want :oD
  • chapped lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment