Saturday, August 21, 2010

What do u advice me to drink when i have a hoarseness in my voice?

i have a nodule removed from my right vocal cord. what are the best drinks to hydrate my vocal cord? i drink coffe and tea and add ginger to my drinks. does that help?What do u advice me to drink when i have a hoarseness in my voice?
Gargle with tepid saltwater. I used to fix myself a hot toddy but learned this will help spike any temperature you have and high temps are very bad for you.





Drink lots of water.What do u advice me to drink when i have a hoarseness in my voice?
Water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Coffee and tea are diuretics (more gets excreted than goes in). Ginger has no effect on the vocal cords; it's great for stomach upset, though.


Drinking cool (not cold) liquids will help soothe the area. Liquids don't have direct contact with the vocal cords. If you drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day, you will be well-hydrated, generally. That's all you can do.


I hope the ENT who removed the nodule referred you to a speech pathologist who can help you learn good vocal hygiene and prevent the nodule from returning.
im not that sure but my cousin suggests a little sip of jose cuervo (not the whole bottle)or just wait for it to go away alone.
whiskey , honey, %26amp; lemon in warm water

No comments:

Post a Comment