Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm moving in February (in Denver, Colorado). Anyone have advice on taking my prize plants with me?

simple plants like mock orange bush, weeping flowering cherry tree, others like that - have been in ground an average of 2 yrs.I'm moving in February (in Denver, Colorado). Anyone have advice on taking my prize plants with me?
You have a good chance of killing the cherry tree by digging it up and moving it. Damage the root ball in anyway and it's a goner.





Save your back, buy fresh new stock in April, leave a legacy at your old place. Trust me someone, someday will appreciate the tree and mock orange bush.





Have you ever tried digging frozen soil in February in Denver?I'm moving in February (in Denver, Colorado). Anyone have advice on taking my prize plants with me?
dig them up try to as much of the roots a possible. wrap them up in plastic. move. stick them in a pot until it gets warm. plant them in the ground. pray
Prune them down to a size that's easy to handle and remove them with as much soil as possible, any extra long roots can be cut back a little but take care of the fine roots, put them in plastic garden bags, you can get these bags in garden centers specially made for garden work as they are a lot stronger that ordinary rubbish bags, water them well and put some drainage holes in the bottom of the bags, store them out of direct sunlight until you are ready to move.
  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment