Monday, August 23, 2010

How do I cut down meat from diet? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I am a meat lover. I love pork, cheicken, lobsters, beefs, ducks, fishes, seafood, eggs, etc.





I don't like salad, or vegatable, or fruits. Although, I will eat them for the health. I enjoy having cook vegatable and some can fruits.





Of course I love rice :)


Sometimes, I think I eat too much meat. Please advice. What can I do to cute down amount of meats on my diet. Thank you.How do I cut down meat from diet? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Hello Good Little Asian Girl - :-)


I also love all the foods you said you enjoy.





My advice is to eat these foods ONLY when you can buy the best products. For example, I now only buy the best cuts of beef - when I want beef for myself and my family.





As a result, we enjoy our meal more, and we don't really spend more each week or month because (for budgeting purposes) have cut back on certain products.





My personal advice is to do the same. Buy quality - but buy the product a little less often.How do I cut down meat from diet? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
eat less and less everyday...i am a vegetarien so lol
Hi Good Little Asian Girl, I don't know where you do your shopping, but what I try to do is buy my vegetables first, and if they come to say, $ 4.00 total cost, then I only allow myself to spend this amount (eg $4.00) on meat or seafood, for example. I live in Australia and it seems to work well here, and I would be interested to know if others think it would work? I also make sure that I always buy really fresh vegies and try to mix green with red/orange, yellow and white, so that I get variety.


Have you tried adding thinks like fish sauce, soy and oyster sauces to add flavour?
if you really cant cut down the amount of meat, then i suggest you substitute the real meat with mok meat.


that's the best way.
As a fellow meat lover, I share your concern. For me the easiest way to reduce the amount of meat that I eat is to think of meat as a side dish or try to add it in small amounts. So I would add mushrooms, beans and other things to help fill me up. You may want to also explore trying different vegetables and fruits, I have found a few that I now love and eat all the time. Also it is not going to happen overnight so start slowly cutting down the portions of meat. After a year I now eat about 8 ounces of meat a day on average. Now if there is BBQ around I can eat my weight in meat and somedays I can go the whole day with out meat.





Hope this helps.
You know it pains me to read questions like this....... lol





Its simply a matter or will power. Just decide youre not going to eat as much. But since you dont like the healthy stuff (aka veggies and fruits) youre left to eating sticks and leaves in the yard.





Try tappering down on what youre eating. Seafood is really good for you so dont run away from that. Its really the red meat thats not so good for you. Eat it in moderation. You can still get protein from eggs, chicken and seafood. As with anything, enjoy in moderation and you will be ok!





Good luck my litte meat eater!
I love meat to!


I know how you feel its a good source of protien (for a hypoglycemic like me) but horrible in fat! Do you like salad im addicted to it now because i tried cutting out sweets and meats! I no it can be hard trust me when the doctor said i couldnt eat sugar i cried for 4ever! But trust me if you find healthy alternitives you can eat meat once or twice a day! Try new vegitables or fruits mix them up and stuff mabe when your in the line a mcdonelleds wanting a hamburger think of your goal... If your trying to lose weight i would keep a pcture of a skinny model or something. Thats what i did! P.s. rice is a good choice if you have protien(not always meat) yopu can probley live off of it!


PPS.SORRY IF I GOT OFF SUBJECT SOME...
Cut down to a palm-sized portion, then gradually cut down further. Put more veggies on plate.


Use a LITTLE meat and lots of veggies in a stir fry,,,serve on rice
there are substitutes for meaty/protein filled food.





the only problem with eating too much meat is too much protein for the kidneys to break down; honestly, muscle heads try their hardest to take in as much protein as they can and im sure you are not overdoing it, so meat shouldnt have to be cut out from your diet.


BUT: there are other things that might satisfy you, like those veggie burgers, they're not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment