Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need some advice how to stop panic attacks running my life?

my marrige is hanging by a thread and my kids are straying away from me . i dont know what to do i cant stop being scared .i have been to a doctor and also a counciler but it makes no difference is there any one out there been the same and came through it .I need some advice how to stop panic attacks running my life?
I take Ativan 2 mg for panic attacks and it works great. I don't take it every day, only as needed because it's addictive.I need some advice how to stop panic attacks running my life?
I suffer from anxiety too. i am taking citalopram and I have done an anxiety management course. I am a lot better, but not totally there yet. Your husband loves you, he may not understand but I am sure when he made the vows for better or for worse that he meant it. Let him help you. Explain to him that you need him more than ever. Go back to your doctor and insist that things get sorted as you can not live your life in this way. Good lick sweetie x
What do you have anxiety over exactly?





I get worried about money and of course relationships at times.





but i dont really understand how you can be so afraid of the world.





just be more positive and relax. and focus on your family more.





most people are just like you.
There are many ways of treating panic attacks and anxiety but the most effective and safe alternative form of treatment is EEG biofeedback also known as neurofeedback or neurotherapy. Do the research on the web using keywords ';neurofeedback and anxiety';. There are certified neurofeedback therapists all over. You will be amazed of how great it works. No pain involved just a commitment of your time for a few weeks. Click below to read more about it.
ok, if that doctor couldn't help you then find another one. They have so many things that can help, like meds and therapy that you shouldn't have to live your life like this.





There is hope--- keep looking for help!
The first step to learn anxiety panic attack relief is to believe that you have the ability to take control. Anxiety disorder is not a disease it’s a state of mind that can be controlled. The body responds to the messages sent to it by your mind, even if the situation is totally safe but your mind interprets it as unsafe, your body will respond to what you think. The first step in anxiety panic attack relief is changing the way you think. During anxiety attacks, tell to yourself “I will be alright, this cannot harm me and I will feel better.” Your mind and the way you think can control your anxiety physical symptoms. Changing your negative thoughts to positive thoughts will decrease and eliminate your physical symptoms.





Read the rest here:
yes I did, %26amp; I made it through..


the first thing I did which made alot of difference was cutting out caffeine, I know it doesn't sound like caffeine could give you panick attacks but I have tested it %26amp; it does..I only have decaf tea %26amp; coffee, %26amp; avoid all colas %26amp; drinks with caffeine religiously!


secondly, breathing is very important...for 10 minutes everyday (perhaps when you wake up) close your eyes %26amp; take a few really deep breaths %26amp; then continue to breathe deeply %26amp; just concentrate on breathing through your nose %26amp; into your belly...some people count to 4 as they inhale, hold for 4, %26amp; exhale for 4...%26amp; every few hours of you can remeber take a few deep breaths...


the other thing that helped me alot also was using crystal therapy..I got a stone called SODALITE %26amp; whwnever I got attacks, I placed it on my solar plexus (that's where I got mine) %26amp; with perseverence, they disppear within a few minutes! I swear it works...I think you can buy this stone on Ebay if there isn;t a crystal shop nearby...(please type in SODALITE in search)...it doesn't have to be expensive, just pick a stone that you like %26amp; feel drawn to...


one important thing with crystals is to remember to cleanse them by placing them in brown rice for 24 hrs as they absorb negative energy (%26amp; don't let others touch the stone as they'll absorb their energy also)..you can still eat the rice after %26amp; if someone touches them, just run them under water...


please know there's no need to fear, I know very well the feeling, the terror %26amp; being frightened %26amp; not knwoing why..it is so painful, I used to tell myself whenever I got scared, there's no need to fear %26amp; panick %26amp; as diffiulct it was for my subconscious to belive it, I kept on saying over %26amp; over until my subconscious belived it %26amp; I am getting day by day...


also, have you tried spiritual healing? I think it'll help you..if you don't mind I'll email you the details..


we sometimes scare ourselves (subconsciously) becos we don't know any other way, I rpomise you no-one is scaring you but yourself.. keep affirming to yourself, I am willing to release the need to be scared..%26amp; repeat as often as you remember %26amp; I promise you within a week, you'll notice some difference..


%26amp; just as we experience our lowest fears, so will we experince the opposite, our greatest joys


don't worry, you'll be fine..


luv %26amp; hugs xxgigi
It could be a physiological problem so try another doctor. In the meantime, try meditation practices for ';calming the monkey mind'; and see about music therapy, too. It may be that directing the mind will help. Watch out for a tendency to jump into overgeneralization. ';Makes no difference'; is quite conclusive. Can you honestly say it hasn't helped one iota? Healing is a process that takes time and work and patience. Keep seeking help til you find what works.
I can feel for you, as I have had times of depression and anxiety since my late teens, including some irrational fears and sudden panics....the worst thing is that fearing it might come on again, especially in a situation where ';it'; happened to you before, can be enough to actually bring on the symptoms - is that how it affects you?





The main thing that has helped me is coming to know the peace and love of God coming into my life through just asking Him for help. There hasn't been any sudden instant release, but to know that Jesus is real and is with me at all times, whether I feel like it or not, has made all the difference.


Please feel free to look at my ';home-made';website, www.healingprayer.co.uk, and e-mail in if you want.





The physical treatment that helped me too was a low dose of beta-blockers (Propranolol) which calmed some of the symptoms of panic, like shaky hands and heart thumping, which in turn made me feel more confident to face life and people!





Incidentally, I don't know about you, but I really wanted to hide the fact that I suffered from anxiety even from quite close friends, but that actually added to the problem.....it is good if you can share it face to face or even on the phone with just a couple of good friends.





I hope at least some of this is helpful to you.....be patient with yourself, you will perhaps have better and worse days, but I will believe with you that the better days will increase and the worse ones decrease!
I have anxiety and depression and I have been trying an alternative therapy called Emotional Freedom Technique and it has really worked for me and helped me a lot. Since using it I have been feeling a lot better. It's very good at getting rid of all kinds of negative emotions and dealing with all kinds of issues quickly. It does sound bizarre but does work. Might be something that can help you. If you type panic attacks in the first link emofree.com you should find some articles about panic attacks being treated with EFT.
Go to your local council.Find where the bunkers are.Go to one


and don;t come out until you hear the bang.Then all will be equal.Seriously mate.If your marriage is up the spout.How do you expect your children to listen to you.All they see and hear is


Purple Rain coming from you and the wife.Your the man.Your the boss.Talk to the wife.Then what she decides.Accept.You


weak tosser.I find after giving an answer then seeing others.I


get doubts.Is that how you spell it?
Prozac.
I found that Paxil helped me a LOT. I was seriously afraid that my anxiety and depression was going to cost me my job, and after about four weeks of taking Paxil 40 mg tablets I felt much better, and I had no side effects. Go to your doctor and tell him you want to try it.
Yes....scroll down to the other questions on here about it. I've answered this question several times and it keeps being asked. I just finished answering this...and right above it were your question and another persons. Ya'll need to google panic attacks and they'll give you a lot of info on it. I take a half mg. risperdal for them...sometimes less. It helps a lot...even in preventing them. You can also sometimes find groups in your town for it. Please check out the other questions about it on this site. You can find a lot of answers from others that way. Good Luck !!
well, lets see. i would used to be afraid of death. then i learned that if you recpect and believe in yourself that you are gonna die a very old lady/man. then if you lived your life the right way jehovah god will take you to heaven
I've been thru similar panic attacks and I just tell myself to think positive and calm down,: As time passes, so will being scared of these things. I don't know what else I can advise as I was on Paxil several years ago and another antianxiety medicine and I realized they were only adding to my problem, so I told my dr. tell me how to ween myself off of these pills. and as I said, I just go each day hoping I can continue to cope with stresses that occur in everyones life, not just in mine. Join a fun group or an art class or swhatever you think will be a fun thing for you to do. Good luck.


bettyk
I am a practicing psychotherapist and i would advise that you begin focusing on your thoughts associated with the anxiety. My guess is that you are now afraid of being afraid, which in itself creates a panic attack. This is quite normal for individuals suffering from anxiety. The truth behind this is that your anxiety is about loosing control and so individuals the catastrophise situations as soon as they begin to feel any physical symptom of anxiety. Examples would be heart palpitations, breathlessness, dizziness, blurred vision, dry mouth, tingling up and down the spine. All of these are natural physical symptoms when the fight or flight sequence is activated.





Once our brain perceives a threat, our cognition shuts down and our adrenal glands fire and adrenalin is produced. This gives the tingling sensations up and down our spines. the dry mouth is associated with our body pushing fluid into our muscles preparing us to fight or flight, and butterflies in the stomach are experienced as blood is pushed out of our stomachs into our larger muscles. So you can see these are just physical symptoms that wont kill you. The truth of it is, that the adrenal glands can only fire for 20 minutes anyway before they burn out and the symptoms will subside.





Again think about this. When ever we are frightened, it generally means, unless there is a real threat in the moment (somebody runs at us with a knife), that we are thinking about a possible out come that is either based on a negative past experience or a fantasied future outcome. Both are not related to hear and now experience so are distortions. So you can begin tom use this info to begin to rationalize your thoughts when you begin to feel anxious.





Use this model associated with CBT. It is the ABC model. People generally believe that it is the event that causes the emotional upset, but CBT assumes that it is our thinking about the event that causes the emotional upset. A- the event, doesn't equal C-the emotional outcome. it is our thinking at B. So again when you begin to feel anxious,l think about what it is you thinking to scare yourself. Use the information that i have given you to understand your physical symptoms which will also help you rationalize your experience.





Here a few exercises that will help calm you down. When feel anxious, sit in a room and focus on particular point in the room. Once you have found that point, move your focus to your peripheral vision. Do not move your head or eyes, just you focus. Use your peripheral vision to scan the environment. This has a natural calming effect. a very powerful tool.





Another is to sit comfortable and think about what makes you anxious. Scale it on scale of one to ten. One scales then intensify. So if you scaled your anxiety at a seven, push it to an eight. You have to really visualize the experience and embrace the anxiety. Once there begin to pass a ball back and fourth from hand to the other. Make sure that both hands meet the central point or your torso before letting go of the ball and catching it with the other hand. Whilst doing this continue to focus on your anxiety. Yous should experience your anxiety lesson as you continue. Keep repeating the exercise until your anxiety diminishes.





The reason this works is because when we are anxious, one half of the brain becomes over active. By undertaking this exercise, both hemisphere are activated which in turn reduces the anxiety. You will find you undertake the exercise correctly, you will not be able to increase you anxiety to the original scaled number. So as this is the case, you can visualize many situation that produce anxiety and take control.





All ways remember, you are in control, not the anxiety. The anxiety is a manifested state created by yourself. Let me know how you get on.
What are you scared of?
ask to see a different doctor in the surgery and dont be scared it will all work out OK believe me Good Luck old chap
Try Kalms (UK) Calms (USA)...completely natural and non-addictive.





To relieve periods of anxiety and alleviate panic attacks.





My friend took them after she lost her father, and they really helped her.





Good luck hun!





X
Scared of what chick ?? I'm scared too and it does take control of my life..having 3 kid's doesn't/does sometime's help.at the minute gotta get school shoes do you have help for that?? sometimes having an answer help's the q
i am still going through it, it is so hard i know but each day i am getting a little better. do you have any underlying problems? i am bi polar and have bdd too so know these cause alot of my problems. you should try bach rescue remedy which you can get in most chemists/ health food shops and this could help.





also go back to your doctor and make him realise how bad it really is and keep up with the councelling because you will suddenly get the break through you so desprately need.





good luck


x
i used a product from the UK called quiet life,non addictive,i personally would not use drugs from my doc,but like the idea that quiet life were herbal,they actually worked for me and i was able to leave the house after suffering from agoraphobia and anxiety,good luck mate x

No comments:

Post a Comment